"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Song of The Week

this is my song of the week...
my media player's been roarin' with three outstanding women as they perform the
2005 World Children's Day Anthem, "Stand Up For Love"...
also a cut from their final collaborative album, "#1's", this song delivers so much sense and meaning that i decided to post the lyrics as well...
i would'a added the video... but, i've yet to find a way to display it here... (*epiphany*)
so, here's Beyonce, Kelly, and Michelle... holdin' hands, hopin' for a brighter future for children the world over...
Destiny's Child with "Stand Up For Love"...




"Stand Up For Love"
(video edit)

[Beyonce]
There are times,
I find it hard to sleep at night
We are living through such troubled times
And every child that reaches out
For someone to hold
For one moment,
They become my own

And how can I pretend that I don’t know
What’s going on?
When every second
And every minute
Another soul is gone

And I believe that in my life
I will see (oh yeah)
And in to hopelessness
Or giving up
Or suffering (yeah)

Then we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind
Stand up
For life
Stand up
For love


[Kelly]
I’m inspired
And hopeful
Each and everyday
That’s how I know
That things are gonna change

So how can I pretend that I don’t know
What’s going on?
When every second
With every minute
Another soul is gone

And I believe that in my life
I will see (I will see, yeah)
And in to hopelessness (hopelessness)
Of giving up (giving up)
Of suffering (suffering, yeah)

If we all stand (stand)
Together this one time (time)
Then no one will get left behind
And stand up for life (life)
Stand up
For love


[Michelle]
And it all starts right here
And it starts right now
One person stands up man!
And the rest will follow
For all the forgotten
For all the Unloved

I’m gonna sing this song (song)

And I believe
That in my life
I will see, yes
And in to hopelessness
Of giving up
Of suffering


[Chorus]
If we all stand together this one time
Then no one will get left behind

Stand up
For life

Stand up
And sing, yeah

Stand up
For love

For love
For love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home