"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

wild and running...

this freedom that you enjoy so much and hold dear... how long will it last? certainly not forever... because, as they say, nothing is meant to last forever. yet... another question imposes itself. when this freedom ends... what becomes of you? do i settle down? will i be tamed? will i be spoken for? attached? committed? will my caretaker be pleased? moreover, do i even have a pre-destined caretaker?
so many questions... none of which seem optimistic in terms.
what does your future hold? yet another inquiry... it is yet to end. your life has just been so full of questions... which are yours? now, here's one... what's wrong with me? maybe nothing is. maybe you're just not the marrying type, just like you once perceived of yourself. maybe you're singled out.
then comes miss Bradshaw...
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone -- just as wild -- to run with."
only thing is...
maybe i don't want someone to run with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home