"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

crossed it... played with it... made it smarter...
(the arbitrary blog originally posted in my downelink)

my mind used to be your playground...

you kept it percolating even as i slumber...
bet'cha didn't know that...

you crossed my mind tonight...
for reasons unknown...
i came, and saw you...
in whatever world you may be, i sincerely hope you're happy...

you've come a long way, stranger...
didn't even think you'd cross my mind again...
but then i succumbed to curiosity...
and let my fingers do the talking...
my first query returned nothing...
kind of like what i'm doing right now...
my second query, returned a single hit...
and there you were; hair gel and all...

if i continue writing this, i'd have to write sixteen lines...
these babies multiply by two, y'know...
but that's okay, i'd like to end this better...
better than saying, "hair gel and all", that is...
but it seems awkward to even say anything to you...
you felt like i broke your heart...
i felt like you broke my spirit...
but chances are, we'll never know...
if we really did break each other's stuff...
the truth we discussed was half-fold and vague...
i didn't want to tell you...
and you had no idea anyways...
these last four lines, may hit very close to home...
but at least he'll know, this pro'lly ain't 'bout him...
birds fly south for the winter, because...
feathered creatures don't do well in places where hell freezes over.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home