"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Monday, May 31, 2004

An imitation of my life… through ginger’s eyes…

She was popular, she was nice
She was the one everyone asked for advice…
But she was a he and that didn’t matter
The whole world saw him only as her…
She lived her life under the spotlight
Against the hues of a rainbow’s sight…
She wrapped her arms around her own
Just to feel warm had the cold winds blown…
She wanted to fly and spread her wings
Just to escape all the troubles the world brings…
She wanted to soar and see the highest highs
But she only saw her own world right through her eyes…
It was no question then, that no one could help her
Except if everyone could see her and not how she’d falter…
But nobody asked and nobody cared
She guessed that everyone was actually hearing impaired…
But she found her own voice for a moment in time
And actually spent it completing a rhyme…
In truth, she never had friends, no companions, not one…
And when everyone woke one autumn morn’…
They never saw her again.
Because she had gone…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home