"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

the pretty boy effect...

today, as i was strolling down the air conditioned by-ways of Glorietta's halls, i was confronted by an unlikely issue... how i felt about cute slash good-looking guys/men. seeing as how they were everywhere, from the bathrooms, to starbucks, to the less populated quads, i was amused by my own wishful thinking. and so, as i continued to walk and lightly ponder whether or not i should vocalize this newly found interesting topic of mine, i, off the top of my head, have drawn out two sound propositions... one, i'd like to have a guy like that as my boyfriend slash lover. and two, (intriguing enough) i would like to be that guy, or even be just as good-looking. let's face it, in the matters of international dating guidelines, looks are just as important as personality. and, in the queer society i live in... looks are what you go with. sans the make up, i find myself below the average face value meter, and trust me, it ain't a good feeling. the problem is... am i too vain to think this way? or am i just programmed? hence comes the saying, never judge a book by its cover. but what if that cover is all you have and nothing more? how do you compromise yourself between vanity and necessity? the answer to that, i am yet to find out. however, i am still on the shelf. for the inquiring he-sh that dare probe. a nice catch in the rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home