"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

episode 2 - attack of the roaches: when bad roaches go badder...

i was already worried that i may have left my door open, and the roaches may have invaded my room... but apparently, i had to worry about getting to my room unscathed from the festering roaches first. on the wall of the staircase were 2 roaches, frolicking about like they were on a field trip. i was outnumbered and geographically cornered. if i was to face these 2 roaches head on, chances are, they're gonna fly straight unto my face, and i'd definitely scream... they have the higher ground. so... with a slipper on my right hand, and the Cosmo on the other, i made like a roman gladiator charging into battle... i strategically shielded my head with the Cosmo as i ran up the stairs with one foot bare. the 2 roaches have luckily separated, and 1 of them is conveniently loitering on the wall, left side of the stairs. sure as a knight's aim, and feeling ala lara croft, i whacked that cockroach on the wall as i passed by it, and i'm sure, the little bastard won't ever know what hit him. i got to my room safely enough... but for how long? the architecture of my room isn't exactly roach proof, nor is the main stair case that went through all the levels of the house... moments after i settled in my room, a r0ach came in by way of the space under the door. i was panic striken! it was like, a multi-million dollar company feels threathened by my existence and has sent russian assasins to take me out. only, in this version, the hired killers are about 2 inches in length, dark reddish brown in color, have antennas longer than their body length, and have wings... and can fly! and i should tell you, based on personal experience, the only thing worse than a cockroach... is a flying cockroach! 'coz they don't have a defined trajectory! and their flight pattern is really unusual... stupid ass roaches... so when that roach came in, i approached it with the courage of a lioness. smashed it with one blow and sent it sliding back under the door. i sat down on my bed to read the Cosmo, but a couple of pages into it, another roach came in! whacked it... and sent it back. it was like that for several times, until 2 of 'em came in at the same time. and i was like, "so, twins huh?!" with a slipper on my right hand and my left foot geared for roach stumping, i delivered a combo move that would have street fighter arcade characters coming to me and begging for my tutelage. the ones that came by land were easy enough to deal with... a little stomp here and a little whack there was all it took. but i was about to find out that these roaches were really out to get me... either they were getting smarter, or i smell conspiracy... hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home