"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

of unicorns and lost loves...

when i was a kid, i've had my share of not-so-normal experiences that i've single handedly faced. from bigger than your usual big spiders in dark rooms, to mysterious entities that tuck me in bed, to playing with my late grandfather... i have come to not make a big deal out of them. until... one of the most unusual phenomena paid me a recent visit. although in this time and age, the ungodly hours of twilight no longer hold their prestige as the notorious witching hour... the creatures that abide by this universal clock beg to differ. the straight up question would be... is there such a thing as a unicorn? that elusive creature... pure. majestic. ethereal. it is not long ago that i had my close encounter with this mystical creature. in the midst of city lights... the willowing mist of gases... and the chaos of it all. there it was. seated like a queen on her throne... on the clearing of that dense forest. i beheld its presence. equally awestricken and somehow proud that in my lifetime, i have seen a creature of lore... i approached it. the inviting look on its face prompted me to come hither. and as sweet fortune may have it... i was able to make contact. to have touched its mane and frolic with it. i should be one lucky bastard... but my madness had settled in... and i let that unicorn go. and for all the selfish reasons that i have... i left that unicorn where i found it. after experiencing such bliss, i allowed myself to separate from it. and now, i wonder... will i ever meet another unicorn? or will that unicorn be the only one to grace my eyes? with the settling darkness i find myself cold and alone... no more unicorns will pass my way... this lad's path has been stoned... come what may. (this unicorn of which i speak... literal or metaphor?)
"... the saddest of words ring true." ~Jason Yau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home