"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Oxymorons gone wrong... (and other literary mishaps)

whoever said Filipino ingenuity is dead? well... whoever said that may have gone for a slightly different meaning than the literal one... hehehehe!
1. at the supermarket...
Fresh Frozen Chicken Sold Here.
2. looking for the perfect bouquet?
We sell Artificial Fresh Flowers!
3. why people don't like their pictures taken...
We Shoot While You Wait.
4. downright TagLish...
We Hab Sopdrink In Can And In Batol.
5. all for business...
Notary Public: Tumatanggap Din Ng Labada Pag Linggo.
6. talk about strict parallelism...
Wanted: Waiter, Cashier, Washier
7. vandalism, the Filipino way...
No Urinating On The Walls
8. matter of national security...
No I.D. : Nothing Entry
9. is this a threat?
Bawal Omehi Dito Ang Maholi Bog-bog!
10. no sexual discrimination here...
Wanted: Boy Waitress

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home