"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

currency (a miniseries)

just as there's a continuous wave of socio-economic-political issues hitting our country in spades, there's an almost equal, if not greater, quantity of things that keep my spirits up and make me look forward to a new day in this stolen life of mine...
exhibit a: the past weeks have been kind to me, and the yuletide atmosphere is a welcome spike in my punch... hence, i've gone ga-ga over christmas decors! for a whole week, i have done nothing but shop for home improvements and D-I-Y myself to exhaustion. try trimming a tree all by yourself and taking it all down (by yourself) about two days after because you have to add lights and flowers. what's more, try holding the upper detachable half of that trimmed tree vertically with your left hand while securing the base of that same tree with your right... hard to imagine, yes... but even more difficult to accomplish, believe me. that's my christmas spirit on steroids... unwavering.
exhibit b: being your own interior designer slash electrician slash janitor slash cable guy slash tech support guy all rolled up into one is no friggin' joke... so, after toiling under my own control freak tendencies, i know i can have my cake and eat it too... figuratively and literally. requests are usually guilt-free to make and easier to fulfil after doing something nice; such as house cleaning and reorganizing. so, my every whim is attended to... from tuna sandwiches to spaghetti, fruit juices, rice cakes, french fries, sweet desserts, pancakes, cereals, fried chicken, and ice cream, no food request comes short of being in excess when made after an evident "before and after" house makeover. and speaking of ice cream...
exhibit c: about a few months ago, my late night channel surfings introduced me to an amazing product, that it thrives to be divine decadence of my sweet tooth... cold rock ice cream!!! from what i can recall, with their current selection of ice cream flavors and mix-ins, it would take you about 50 years to sample every combination there is! (and that's just an estimate) good lord! the moment i saw that segment on the living asia channel, i wanted to get my ass back to manila and treat myself to that feast! i was disappointed, however, that they only had one branch open, and that was at the fort... okay, operative words being, "had" and "was"... not anymore they don't baby! i stumbled upon their newly opened branch in the holy grounds of greenbelt 3... and, man! was i excited! kind'a like bein' a kid in an ice cream parlor! (uhm, duh? like, that ain't the case already) so, after purchasing my movie tickets, i waltzed right into the place (no kiddin'... i actually "waltzed"... you should'a seen me) and sampled my taste buds to what would be my reason for living for quite a long time... melodramatic just for ice cream, huh? well... it's my thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home