"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Monday, July 04, 2005

and then the word Forever...

what turned out to be a simple meeting for coffee proved to be a worthy leap. fast forward to 2 months later, and now you have 2 gay men who have found happiness, companionship, love... but most of all, each other. and although both of you are far from perfect separately... together, you're a shoe-in. minus all the minor misunderstandings and tiffs, it was a good 2 months... and then comes the word, "forever"... you ask yourself... how do you plan on forever? or even the next month for that matter? the way i see it, forever doesn't happen until it already has... the past 2 months certainly weren't premeditated or anything, but it has already come to pass... when i say forever, i see myself in bed... where everything is bright and white... the room would be lit by sunlight streaming from the clear windows. it would most probably be a beautiful summer's day... and there i'd be, with you... you, holding my hand while sitting at the side of my bed... and i, with my oxygen supply and dosage of morphine... we'd both be 70 or 80 something by then... and then i'd see you, just like you are now... with your rustled hair and 5 o'clock shadow... and we'd both look back at all the years we've been together... and i'd say, as i wipe a tear from your cheek... i have loved you all these years and it seemed like i've loved you forever, and i will love you forevermore. and as i close my eyes, and let go of everything, i stand true to what i said... because i will have nothing more to do but love you... forevermore...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home