"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

castaway rant...

whoever said that "no man is an island" should be sent off TO an island... 'cause, what if you were? what if you didn't need anyone else's crap? what if all you'll ever need are books, cartoons, good fried chicken, and shopping money? okay... technically, you couldn't make those out of thin air. but, that wasn't my point. subtly put... what if i were never meant to share my bed? having been surrounded by all that quest for a particular someone to fulfill a particular purpose, i have only realized more that my current state is an anomaly. i have seen those who sought beauty... those of brawns... of profession and intellect... and there are those who've been blinded only by what they wanted to see. still, to be immersed in the qualms of soft selling and blatant bargains, i found my own heart steadfast and calm. looking back now, i cannot recall the reason why my heart was so angry... it may have healed it's own wounds. more so now, that i have peace with myself... forgiven as well as forgotten. this is the point when i can say that i am complete within myself, so i need not look unto others to complete me... in a non-platonic, romantic context, that is. for now, my journey bears only my own interest. i am the wind goes wherever my whim pleases... this independence, sweet surrender.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very nice literary piece. Very very full of angst. I can sense it and feel it.

3:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home