"O shrieve me, shrieve me, holy man!"
The Hermit cross'd his brow.
"Say quick," quoth he, "I bid thee say—
What manner of man art thou?"

Forthwith this frame of mine was wrench'd
With a woful agony,
Which forced me to begin my tale;
And then it left me free.

Monday, August 29, 2005

raindrops will fall... hard.

i wish i could fall... wish i could just find myself, free falling in the abyss unknown and boundless. like, falling and flying at the same time. i wish that the shadow would take me... and give me reprieve. wish that i could fall, and no questions would need answers... because then, i'd know what makes the world go 'round. and then i'd truly be spirited away. wish that what i had need not be cured, so i could stay forever this way. but then, come to think of it, what you have has no cure. i wish my salvation would come... sweep me off my feet, and take me... take me while i'm still beautiful, or so to speak. but it is never like that... and they say, there is no such thing. but i wish there was... and i know there is... and i want it. i wish to see you sunset... and see you as a beginning, not an end... what a wonderful world, eh? i wish the cold would stay... then i wouldn't have to worry about anything at all. and i wish happily ever afters were true... not that i don't believe them... but i want it to happen to me. to see how it is... what's on the other side? where endings start... and be one step beyond. i wish i had fallen before now... fallen, reprieved, saved... then i'd have no memory of this. take me with you now... you there who sits on my ceiling. believe you me, i wish to be with you... grant my wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home